Monday, March 8, 2010

My First Website


Every engineering college has their own TechFest. The ZION, an initiative of my college (DYPIET) to explore the hidden talent of students from various colleges nationwide. Itz the most awaiting event in our college.

I had been given the contract to design the website of ZION 2010, whiz cud let participants to register themselves online, cud elaborate various events under the ZION, cud describe the history & about our college. It ws my gud luck dat ZION committee chose me to design the website. As It is my last year in college, I wanted to giv my best through this website.

We were total 3 ppl worked for the Website. Me, Soumitra & Prashant. The main obstacle for us ws the limited tym. We had to upload the website on or b4 24th Feb. So we had only 5 days.

The graphics wer designed by Tanuj, the master of photoshop, at least in our college. Most of the flash work is done by Prashant, I ws js giving him instructions & guidelines. Rest of the work like Template selection, Programming, Database connectivity, CSS handling, Scripting etc wer done by me & Soumitra collectively.

Dat ws the first tym whn we directly interacted wid the web. A gr8 experience. The 22nd & 23rd wer the most painful days/nytes for me & Soumi. Sleepless nytes, working 15hrs spontaneously, height of disappointment & frustration. There wer many things we dint knw, at dat tym we js google itz information   & implemented on website. Sumtyms our designing tools wer not working properly, in dat very moment we used to download the new tool (We Downloaded Adobe Flash CS3 at 5.30am :) ). And finally we uploaded the website @ 7.30am on 24th.

Now the website is on web. This is one of the gr8 achievement for us. All our frnz, ZION committee, teachers appreciated our work. U can visit the website at http://www.zionthefest.com .

At last only one sentence . . . Designing the website is not a JOKE... :)
Thnx..

2 comments:

Manjiri said...

Really, a good one!! ;)

Dhamma said...

@ Manjiri : Thnx dear.. I've also designed a website for our B.E. Comp Farewell awards voting... If u get time.. den plz hv a luk at it.. URL :- www.nf2tech.tk

Post a Comment